LEAP (Local Energy Advice Partnership) is a FREE home visit scheme to assist residents in Hastings and Rother with free energy advice, energy saving devices, along with access to other improvements like heating upgrades, insulation, free appliances and replacement boilers.
The home visit will be carried out by one of Energise Sussex Coast’s friendly and knowledgable advisors. It will take approximately 1.5 hours.
Are you eligible for LEAP Energy Advice home visit?
LEAP home visits are open to anyone with a household income or under £31,000 OR if anyone in the household receives means tested benefits OR if anyone in the household receives a disability benefit.
Free replacement white goods
LEAP is able to offer replacement white goods for people with old or broken white goods (over 8 years old). The eligibility criteria is that the household income is under £31,000 OR someone receives means tested benefits. There are also requirements around having the right fittings and plugs. These will be assessed during the home visit.
This scheme aims to save residents carbon by providing appliances that don’t use much energy and so it is only available to replace existing white goods.
Free boiler repairs and replacement boilers
To be eligible for a referral a resident must:
• Own the home they live in
• Have gas central heating radiator system (warm air heating systems not eligible)
• Be on mains gas (LPG is not eligible)
• Be in a “no heat situation”
• The cause of the emergency is a recently broken boiler (Funding is not available to provide full central heating replacements)
• The property is not considered to be a ‘higher risk’ property e.g. park homes, high-rise buildings and any building that is both traditionally constructed and protected (a.k.a listed buildings)
Be in receipt of a means tested benefit or tax credit:
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income Support
• Pension Guarantee Credit
• Child Tax Credit / Working Tax Credit
• Universal Credit
• Housing Benefit
OR have a low household income that does not exceed the threshold £31,000 gross
AND there must be someone in the household who is:
• Aged 65 or over
• Aged under 5
• Suffering from a significant health problem or has a disability that may be exacerbated by living in a cold home:
- Cancer/Terminal illness
- Cardiovascular Condition
- Respiratory Condition
- Mental Health Condition
What LEAP can do for you
- Help check if you are on the cheapest energy tariffs – could save you over £280 a year
- Install FREE, simple energy saving measures.
- Give you day-to-day energy efficiency hints and tips and ensure your heating system is set up to keep you warm and save money.
- Arrange a FREE telephone advice service to help with benefits, debt and other money problems.
- Refer you for further energy efficiency improvements, such as full central heating, loft or cavity wall insulation or a new boiler.
- Other local advice that may help you save on your water bills, arrange a free Fire Service visit or help access some other assistance.
Not eligible for a home visit?
Our main energy advice service is open to everyone! Please contact us to arrange an appointment.