Energise Sussex Coast has just signed up with an organisation who has government funding to make people’s homes more energy efficient. If you are on a household income of under £30,000 after tax and housing costs and your home is EPC D, E, F or G (check your EPC here), then you are eligible for this funding. It will average out at £10,000 worth of measures per household! It’s available to home owners and tenants. If you are a home owner then you should be able to get the costs covered. If you’re a tenant your landlord will need to give their consent and will also need to pay at least a third of the costs. This is a good deal as the government is proposing changing legislation so that in a few years times properties will need to be EPC C or above to be let out.
If you would like to find out more about the funding and the types of measures you could benefit from then come and see us at our energy advice drop in. We are there every Thursday from 12 – 4pm in the Common Room on Cambridge Road in Hastings (opposite ESK, next to the bus stop).
You can drop by or make an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you live in another area or can’t make the drop in then just contact us for a telephone appointment.
Here’s more detail on the eligibility criteria:
- Household annual income after tax and deductions is less than £30k
- Household annual income is less than £30k
- Household annual income from employment after housing costs (mortgage/rent and council tax) is less than £20k
- Applicant is subject to an Income Payment Arrangement (bankruptcy, IVA etc.)
- Unemployed and in receipt of means tested benefits
- State pension age and in receipt of housing credit
You can also check out the Funded Energy Efficiency page and fill out the form if you believe you are eligible.