To apply for this position at Energise Sussex Coast, please click here and use the Apply button at the bottom of the page
Marketing and Social Media Assistant | Energise Sussex Coast
St Leonards On Sea
Job Ref: KO2003146
Pay Rate: National Minimum Wage
Hour Per Week: 25.0
Working Pattern: Fully flexible – rota to be discussed at interview
Closing Date: 29 August 2021
Please note this is a Kickstart role exclusively available to 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit – see here for more details
The Marketing and Social Media Assistant will promote Energise Sussex Coast’s work and projects. You will be responsible for planning and creating engaging content, and documenting and publicising the work of Energise Sussex Coast.
The successful candidate may be home based with occasional travel into the office at St Leonards on sea.
Your responsibilities will include:
– The planning, design and scheduling of social media posts to help promote a positive image across our various social media platforms.
– Updating the WordPress website.
– Liaising with the ESC team each month to understand their work and to make arrangements to promote it e.g. attending events and taking photos to put up online.
– Monitor our social media activity, regularly engaging with our audience, respond to comments and messages, and use insights from analytics to improve performance
– Generating graphics and images using design softwares (Canva, illustrator, etc)
– Collating project photos to promote our organisation online.
– Getting to know our potential customers and make them want to engage with our posts
– Monitoring SEO and user engagement for our website
– Being prepared to be flexible and help out with Energise Sussex Coast’s other work such as being on a stall at an event or answering the office phone.
– You must have an interest in energy and environmental issues and a commitment to do something about the climate crisis. – Experience of posting on Facebook and Twitter. – A good level of IT skills. – Experience of updating WordPress websites or a willingness to learn. – A good level of written communication skills. – A self starter and willing to get on with things alone. – A good team player and willing to work co-operatively with the other members of the team. – A creative thinker.
Kickstart Employability support:
– You will be supported by a line manager. – We will give you training on how to update our WordPress website. – We will work with you to identify opportunities for further training e.g. in social media. – You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge of energy and environmental issues by attending online webinars and events.